BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP FOR CADET FAMILIES
- Host a Welcome and Send-off picnic for incoming class and current cadets at no cost to cadets and families.
- Offset a portion of expenses for All Academy Military Ball. All cadets attend for free.
- Open an account for every incoming cadet with a $20 opening balance at a Highland Restaurant that delivers on post.
- Send treats to ALL cadets in all classes during TEE week whose parents dues are CURRENT for the year.
- Give any other gifts/activities that funds will allow.
- Network of Club Mentor Families who have been through the experience and can lend support, tips and tricks for all things West Point.
The sky’s the limit! However, so are our funds. In order to accomplish these and so many other supportive activities we need your help!
Without the collection of members dues and outside donations, we are unable to provide the support for our cadets and families that the club was designed to do. Eventually we would like to raise enough money through fundraisers and sponsorships that our dues can be reduced or eliminated, but until then, we are relying on the generous donations of our parents and friends to move the club forward and treat all of our cadets to special treats throughout the year.
West Point Parents Club of Utah dues are $40/year per cadet family.
We could not support our cadets & families without the generous donations of businesses. Please consider
Each year, thousands of young men and young women all over the world make the decision to serve in the United States Military and desire to become officers by attending one of several prestige military academies, including The United States Military Academy in West Point, New York. These students spend months, if not years, pursuing their dreams, interviewing with Congressman and Senators in a hopes to earn one of less than 1200 annual appointments per class at West Point. Upon graduation 4 years later, they not only earn a Bachelor’s of Science but are commissioned as Second Lieutenants in the United States Army. They must also serve 5 years of active military service and 3 years of reserve duty. All in all, these young men and women commit a minimum of 12 years to serve our country and protect our freedoms.
Utah cadets account for just under 0.9% of the Corps of Cadets and come from all corners of the state: North to South; East to West. As of the 2019-2020 academic year, Utah will have 33 cadets over 4 class years. It is our mission to support each and every Utah cadet and their families as they embark on the 47 month journey to graduation. We do this in several ways throughout the year including a Welcome Picnic in June for the incoming cadets, a formal military ball in December to honor them for their commitment, and small gifts of encouragement during finals week, holidays, or birthdays; simple reminders from home that we support them.
In order to be able to do these things, we rely on the generous donations of businesses.
Below are just some examples of how your donations can help:
- A donation of $50 will cover the cost for 5 new cadets to attend a Welcome Picnic in their honor which includes a welcome package with summer training packing list supplies, and guest speakers to the incoming class and their immediate family.
- A donation of $200 will provide 10 cadets with gift certificates for snacks and “fuel food” for finals week.
- A donation of $600 will pay for 10 cadets to attend the Military Ball at no cost.
As a thank you for your support, we will gladly highlight your donation on any program and websites associated with our events. Donations earmarked specifically for the military ball will also be recognized by our Master of Ceremonies.
We are extremely grateful for any & all donations and thank you for your time and consideration.
Please contact us @ email@example.com for details on how to donate.